There are many times when a thorough physical exam is not enough to determine the root cause of an illness. Should your doctor determine that lab tests would prove useful as diagnostic tools, Bear River Animal Hospital’s on-site laboratory is well-equipped with cutting-edge technologies that provide reliable, prompt results.
Diagnostic tests and procedures include:
- Heska (complete blood count)
- Heartworm Antigen test
- Feline leukemia/Feline Immuodeficiency Virus/Feline Heartworm test
- Parvo virus test
- Direct fecal exam and centrifuged fecal flotation
- Giardia test
- Urinalysis, including sedimentation
- Thyroid screening
- Diabetes screening
- Skin and ear cytology
- Aspirate cytology of tumors
- Skin scrapings (dermatology/allergies)
We utilize many outside laboratories for additional testing making our diagnostic capabilities almost endless. Our doctor’s will recommend the best options for your pet.